Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Review

Hello!

Here is a review that we recieved from Saturdays performance.


I saw I'll be Bert at the Rondo in Bath last night and I just wanted to let you know what a superb production I thought it was.
The writing was lean and the work beautifully scripted, always emotionally engaging, often laugh out loud funny and demonstrated a tenderness that showed a writer who cares for and really understands his subject. The characterisation of the mother, child, commentator and writer was superb. The evocation of childhood 'magic' and the memory of an innocent past allowed the entire audience to be swept up by a narrative that showed a real understanding of pace and variety. Finally the performance, well I think it was flawless! Having experienced the highs and lows of a lifetime following my local team, that can only be described as an addiction, I spent the entire evening with a broad smile of both recognition and memory. But to your credit, my partner, who is still trying to come to terms with such blind allegiance after 20 years enjoyed the performance just as much as I did.
Thanks for a brilliant evening!
Dominic Grant

I would like to pass on thanks to Mr Grant from myself ansd Bill for coming to see the performance and also for taking the time to write to us expressing his thoughts.

Nathan



No comments: